COMT Certification: Mastering the Mechanics of Small Joints – Chest, Elbow, Wrist, Hand, Forearm, Foot & Ankle
Unlock the complexities of the body’s intricate articulations with our Comprehensive Orthopedic Manual Therapy (COMT) certification. This course delves deep into the biomechanics and manual treatment techniques of the thoracic cage and the extremities’ small joints, including the elbow, wrist, hand, forearm, foot, and ankle. Our hybrid learning model combines the convenience of online theory modules with the irreplaceable hands-on experience of offline practical sessions.
Online Learning Experience: Our digital platform offers an immersive learning experience with detailed anatomical animations, interactive 3D models, and case study analyses. Engage with expert-led video lectures and virtual seminars to understand the nuanced movements and treatment modalities for each small joint.
Offline Practical Workshops: Step into our state-of-the-art facilities for intensive workshops where you’ll apply your knowledge. Led by seasoned orthopedic professionals, these sessions focus on manual dexterity, precision palpation, and targeted manipulation techniques that are essential for effective treatment of the thoracic cage, and upper and lower extremities.
What You Will Gain:
- Proficiency in assessing and treating conditions affecting the chest, elbow, wrist, hand, forearm, foot, and ankle.
- Advanced manual therapy skills to enhance joint mobility, reduce pain, and improve function.
- A comprehensive understanding of the pathophysiology related to small joint ailments.
What Will You Learn?
- He/ She would be abreast with the recent developments and researches in Anatomy, Pathophysiology, Kinematics and Biomechanics and the various age related changes in the spine and the peripheral joints & skilled in applying neuromusculoskeletal assessment procedures.
- He/ She would be competent in formulating differential diagnosis based on the integrated neuromusculoskeletal examination, clinical reasoning & evidence based practice.
- He/ She would be adept in formulating the most suitable manual therapy protocol/technique that is tailored according to the individual needs of the patient.
- He/ She would be expert in delivering the manual therapy treatment.
- Be capable of assessing the accuracy and reliability of the treatment technique / protocol used on the patient using his manual therapy assessment.
INTRODUCTION TO MANUAL THERAPY
INTRODUCTION TO MANUAL THERAPY27:21
BASICS OF MANUAL THERAPY39:27
POSITIONAL FAULT THEORY15:14
WEGHT BEARING VS NON WEIGHT BEARING17:24
INDICATION AND CONTRAINDICATIONS33:49
USE OF BELT07:27
18 POINTS TO GET OPTIMAL RESULTS47:52
Introduction to Taping18:15
Introduction to Taping Practical12:02
PAIN AND BELIEF SYSTEM30:30
TOPIC 1 QUIZ