Hold fast to your dreams, for without them you can’t fly! We take great pleasure in introducing ourselves as pioneers in delivering quality care Physiotherapy education all around the globe. We are a professionally managed Private Limited firm, offering qualitative physiotherapy education to graduate and post graduate physiotherapists worldwide. Capri was started in 1992, under the name of CAPRI. The teachers at Capri Institute of Manual Therapy, are internationally certified manual therapy teachers. They are busy teaching not only in various reputed institutions/universities but also treat patients in their roaring clinical practices, which gives them an upper edge compared to others. They just don’t teach what is given in the books but they first check and recheck the efficacy of each technique/concept & its variations, and then after refining/modifying these techniques/concepts, we include them in our certificate in orthopaedic manual therapy hands on workshops, making it the best workshop in manual therapy in India, ASIA and USA for the upcoming and established physiotherapy clinicians. Not only this, the faculty teaching you, are result oriented, driven by achievement & possess excellent teaching methods required to transfer the manual therapy skills effectively to your healing hands. They specialise in imparting world class manual therapy skills to the students. Many therapies and techniques were developed by our leader, Dr. Deepak Kumar, who holds doctorate (PhD) in Manual Therapy. The examination & treatment process developed by Capri draws on the work of various NUMERO UNO in Manual Therapy like Mulligan, Butler, Edwards, Elvey, Maitland, McConnell, McKenzie, Shacklock, Capri, different osteopathic, chiropractic and several taping concepts. We inculcate in the clinicians the art of subjective and physical examination from Manual Therapy point of view rather than spoon feeding the therapist with a dead end protocol. We believe every patient is unique; the complaints are unique and have to be assessed uniquely. The skill lies in your fingertips and we help you to exploit this talent! We have successfully conducted more than 240 workshops and trained more than 12,000 physios collectively worldwide including USA, Canada, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman, Qatar, Jordan, Egypt, Malaysia, Nepal, Bangladesh and PAN India. Our workshops are recognised worldwide by various statutory bodies.
About COMT Course
Certificate in orthopedic Manual Therapy, The COMT’s main objective is intended towards an amalgamation of the various manual concepts for neuromusculoskeletal examination and treatment procedures into one complete formulated system of orthopedic manual therapy. The Hands-on workshop is based on integrated approach of various manual therapy concepts including new techniques and procedures developed at Capri Institute of Manual Therapy. After treating more than 1,00,000 patients and conducting more than 260 workshops on various concepts by training more than 15,000 physios worldwide collectively including USA, Canada, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman, Qatar, Jordan, Egypt, Malaysia, Nepal, Bangladesh and PAN India.
Capri has picked up the best techniques out of all the various Manual Therapy Concepts. Best of these concepts will be covered in 9 Months’ course in addition to the topics and techniques covered in Mulligan Concept Workshop. Capri strongly believes that a successful clinician’s foundation lies in strong and accurate orthopaedic assessment to deliver qualitative and appropriate treatment.
This comprehensive 9 Months’ certificate course lays strong emphasis on orthopaedic manual therapy to provide clinicians with intensive tuition to perform an accurate and specific manual therapy examination according to the patient’s needs. The examination & treatment process developed by Capri draws on the work of various NUMERO UNO in Manual Therapy like Mulligan, Butler, Edwards, Elvey, Maitland, McConnell, McKenzie, Shacklock, different osteopathic, chiropractic and several taping concepts. We inculcate in the clinicians the art of subjective and physical examination from Manual Therapy point of view rather than spoon feeding the therapist with a dead-end protocol. We believe every patient is unique; the complaints are unique and should be assessed uniquely. The skill lies in your fingertips and we help you to exploit this talent!
Aims & Objectives of Course
- To deliver a perfectly balanced, practically oriented Manual Therapy course to Physios, which will help in establishing their practice faster.
- To train physios in delivering effective mobilisation and manipulation techniques for neuromusculoskeletal examination.
- To offer a practical course to those clinician, busy in their practice and wish to improve their skills, knowledge and qualification.
Outcomes of the Course
At the completion of the program, on very next day, each participant should be able to do detailed examine and deliver effective manual therapy to their valuable patients:
- Be abreast with the recent developments and researches in Anatomy, Pathophysiology, Kinematics and Biomechanics and the various age related changes in the spine and the peripheral joints & skilled in applying neuromusculoskeletal assessment procedures.
- Be competent in formulating differential diagnosis based on the integrated neuromusculoskeletal examination, clinical reasoning & evidence based practice.
- Be adept in formulating the most suitable manual therapy protocol/technique that is tailored according to the individual needs of the patient.
- Be expert in delivering the manual therapy treatment.
- Be capable of assessing the accuracy and reliability of the treatment technique / protocol used on the patient using his manual therapy assessment.
The applicant should be a Physiotherapist or a Physiotherapy student.
There is no pre-requisite in terms of manual therapy experience. The program offers a high level of information and clinical expertise, provided to all participants in a stimulating learning environment regardless of previous clinical experience and knowledge.
Prof. Dr. Deepak Kumar Capri
Director & Sr. Consultant Manual Physical Therapist
BPT, MSPT, FIAP, PhD
> Certified McConnell Concept Teacher
> Former Mulligan Concept Teacher
> Visiting Consultant Physiotherapist Al Qasimmi Hospital, and Khorfakkan Hospital by Emirates Health Services (EHS), Govt of UAE
> Accredited International Manual Therapy Teacher
- Certified McConnell Concept Teacher by McConnell Institute, Australia
- Former certified Mulligan’s Concept Teacher MCTA (2004-2015).
- Clinical teacher & examiner to various Universities in North India for Graduate & Postgraduate programs.
- Has an excellent background in teaching, research, & clinical management skills.
- Heading chain of Spine Clinics in Delhi NCR Specialised in Spinal Manual Therapy & Physiotherapy.
- A Teacher: Delivered more than 300 workshops and Trained more than 15,000 students (in last 30 years) from various reputed institutes from India & abroad. Member of Board of study & Examiner in various reputed Universities & Institutions. Online certificate courses are available internationally in 16 international Languages.
- A Researcher: Made 12 inventions in manual therapy, electrotherapy, & exercise therapy. Guided 53 research projects & still growing. Presented 34 papers in various state/ national & international conferences like IFOMT and WCPT etc., bagged 9 best papers & six 1st runner up awards. Published 5 papers in reputed Journals. The new techniques are published in Mulligan’s 5th & 6th edn. Book, Contributor in The Mulligan Concept of Manual Therapy: Text book of techniques (An international book published by Churchill Livingstone, Elsevier). Author of book on Mulligan Concept “Manual of Mulligan Concept” 1st edn. Sept 2014, Reprint Feb. 2015 (Best Seller on AMAZON & also translated in Korean, Chinese & Russian Languages).
- A Professional: Treated more than 1,00,000 patients in the last 30 years (together with team). Administrating more than 100 professionals & supporting staff as Director of Capri Institute of Manual Therapy & HOD physiotherapy at Sant Parmanand Hospital, Delhi. Attended hundreds of workshops / CME by National & International faculties. Given 2 TV interviews (live) on physiotherapy in June 2004 & in July 2004. Delivered more than 300 CME / workshops / conferences including International Conf. on Manual Therapy INTERCOMAT 2005, INTERCOMAT 2006, INTERCOMAT 2013 and 1st International Certified Mulligan Concept Practitioner conference CMPCON 2014.
- Visiting Consultant Physiotherapist Al Qasimmi Hospital, and Khorfakkan Hospital by Emirates Health Services (EHS), UAE
- E.C. member in Indian Association of Sports Medicine (1999-2001).
- Convener National Secretariat & Council act Committee (IAP CEC 2006-08).
- President of Indian Association of Sports Physiotherapist (2006-08).
- Chief Editor International Journal of Physical Therapy.
- Recipient of Distinguished Service Award by IAP (2006).
- Recipient of Fellowship by IAP (2010).
- Visiting Faculty in Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka.
- Visiting Faculty in Sri Ramachandra Medical College, Chennai.
- Visiting Faculty in KAHER institute of Physiotherapy, Belagavi
- E.C. member in Society of Indian Physiotherapists (2015-17).
About Manual Therapy
“THE HEALING TOUCH”
Manual therapy is a specialised branch of Physiotherapy wherein assessment and treatment of ailment is carried out manually by the Physiotherapist.
It is the application of accurately determined and specifically directed manual force to the body in order to improve mobility in areas that are restricted as in joints, connective tissues or skeletal muscles.
Manual Therapy approaches healing from both perspectives, i.e. structural perspective and functional methodology. This means Manual Therapy addresses pain, dysfunction, diseases and disabilities by seeking the cause of these challenges. Potential for function can remerge only after determining the causes and their treatment. Manual Therapy introduces new concept to the body giving the opportunity to heal itself. It adds, “Life to years” as opposed to. “Years to life”.
Manual Therapy consists of manipulations and mobilisations via various accessory glides of different skeletal joints through the hands of a skilled Physiotherapist in the form of single controlled High velocity thrusts beyond the physiological range but within the anatomical range or Small amplitude accessory glides within physiological range.
The main purpose of this intervention is to reduce skeletal soft tissue pain, increase range of motion of Hypomobile joint, to realign the altered biomechanical or faulty posture with a safe and logical approach. Manual Therapy deals with neurological and muscular problem as well as assessment, evaluation and treatment plans of the patient.
A Manual Therapist not only assesses the active movement but also accessory movements. If any alteration is found in the accessory movement, then it can be treated in a holistic manner, thereby achieving quicker and long-lasting results. In Manual Therapy, the treatment plan involves ergonomics, postural correction, gait analysis and correction of movement which results into understanding of planned, logical, safe and effective approach towards patient.
We believe that human touch is considered crucial in speeding patient’s healing and it is an essential ingredient to our evaluation, care plans and rehabilitation protocol. It is Manual Therapy which provides this crucial requirement for the betterment of health.